The ISblue Interdisciplinary graduate school aims to strengthen the international openness of research units and training in marine science and technology. To this end, a call for projects is permanently open to support the hosting of internationally renowned researchers and professors.
This call will support the hosting of researchers and professors working in universities and research centers abroad (academic and non-academic), for periods of 1 to 6 months. A splitting of the duration (multiple stays of up to 3 years) is possible. In the case of repeated stays, each stay must have a minimum duration of 1 month.
For research-oriented projects, it is expected that the visiting professor/researcher will contribute to the training, at a minimum by giving an open lecture to students.
– the host project must be presented by a researcher or teacher-researcher from an ISblue research unit
– the research project must be related to the ISblue themes
– the project must contribute to strengthening the research-training link, and contribute to ISblue training at master’s, doctoral or lifelong learning level.
– The project must make it possible to strengthen the attractiveness and visibility of ISblue actors.
The ISblue operational committee will evaluate the proposals.
The criteria are as follows:
– innovative nature of the project and contribution to the strategy of the ISblue research themes
– excellence of the training project and contribution to ISblue training
– international influence of the visiting professor
– contribution to the synergy between several ISblue partners
The call will be open at all times. The files may be examined at each meeting of the operational committee (3 or 4 meetings per year).
At each meeting of the committee, only applications received 2 weeks before will be considered: late applications will be considered at the next meeting.
The amount allocated to this call is €50K per year.
ISblue will pay for the guest professor’s travel (to and from), accommodation and meal expenses. Accommodation and meal costs are restricted to a maximum of 2000 €/month.
ISblue might :
– take care of the travel and accommodation of the invited professor (for the Brest research units, accommodation will be provided as far as possible at the Nelson Mandela International City). We will be able to reimburse meals at a flat rate of 35€/day.
– reimburse the guest’s expenses at actual cost (based on an invoice in his/her name).
The application file must only include the number of days of stay for accommodation; the estimate will be made by the ISblue administration.
It will include :
– a description of the objectives of the stay in the field of research: development of a joint research project; preparation of projects in response to international calls for tenders; setting up or monitoring of theses under joint supervision or co-supervision;
– the contribution of the stay to the training: description of the conference, doctoral training or proposed master’s training; contribution to the setting up of a new training course in international collaboration;
– an argument on the importance of this stay for ISblue
– the CV of the researcher or visiting professor.
The file must be approved by the directors of the units concerned by this reception.